- about carol
- press room
Carol Sanford is repeatedly rated as a favorite speaker and workshop leader by her audiences and meeting planners because she delivers unique, innovative and practical ideas that also inspire. She educates while delivering powerful and game-changing content (often surprising and contrarian) that has been tested over her three decades of work with highly successful Fortune 500 executives and “rock star” entrepreneurs.
Her presentations range from workshops for business unit leaders and small business owners in private gatherings to keynotes for C-level executives, as well keynoting conferences. Examples of recent events include:
Private Corporate Events
- DuPont Leadership Council
- Nike, American Sales and Marketing Teams
- Colgate-Palmolive Europe, European Leadership Team
- Agilent Inc, Financial Leadership Team
- Google Innovation Lab
- Merck Pharmaceuticals
- SGI, Executive Leadership Development
- Intel Inside Marketing Team
- Seventh Generation, Inc, Annual Leadership Retreat
- Con-Agra, Grocery Products Executive Team
- Neil Corporation, Aveda Distributor,
- Serious Money Event
- Wakefern Grocery Coop Distributors
- Microsoft Development Group
- Ecotrust Leadership Team
- Merida Meridian Design
- Vulcan Companies
- Harvard Business School
- MIT Sloan School of Management
- Stanford Engineering and Management Science
- Berkeley Haas Business School
- U Michigan Ross B School and Erb School
- U Toronto Rodham School of Management
- U of Washington, Foster B School
- Universities in Sweden, Holland, Denmark, France, Mexico, Lebanon
Conferences & Keynotes
- Capital Institute Impact Investing
- PWC Business Climate Network, NYC
- GoGreen Portland and Seattle
- Seattle Chamber of Commerce
- International Living Future Institute
- Seattle Good Business Network
- Greater Seattle Business Association
- Sustainable Brands
- Net Impact International
- SoCap Impact Investing
- Northwest Biotech Conference Forum for Leadership on Impact Investing, Merida Mexico
- New Mexico Green Chamber of Commerce
- Arab Forum for Environment and Development (AFED) Climate Change Conference
- TEDx Talks in Bellevue andBerkeley
- Bainbridge Graduate Institute
Women's Groups and Special Groups
- Microsoft Women's Development
- Women on a Mission
- Women Business Exchange
- Women in Innovation Conference
- Seattle Minority Leadership Council
Although Carol tailors each address to the audience, topics she can present include:
• The Responsible Entrepreneur: The Four Archetypes Played by Google, Apple, Virgin and HARPO productions (and How You Can Too)
• The Responsible Business Unit Entrepreneur: Turning your Leadership Team into Innovation Change Agents
• Embedding Responsibility into Earnings Results, Margin Returns and Revenue Growth
• Toxic Business Practices: What Blocks Entrepreneurship, innovation and Growth in Business
• The Human Consciousness Factor: The Invisible Link to Business Effectiveness
• The Responsible Business: Building Stakeholder Systems that Grow Respected Businesses, Wealth Capacity of Society and Health of Ecosystems
• Impact Investor’s Roadmap: How to Measure Social Returns with as much Clarity as Financial Returns
Carol’s Speaking One-Sheet
To check Carol’s availability to speak at a conference or to host a workshop, please contact her at:
Phone: (206) 525-2044
Accolades from Professionals
"Carol Sanford, a most insightful, sensitive, persuasive and effective speaker, is the person who has made a positive difference to our organization's competitive advantage."
- Finn Hovland, Senior Vice President, DuPont of Canada
"Carol can explain why and how the changes work rather than simply suggesting changes and which lets you continue to extend the capability. She really knows what she is talking about".
- Will Lynn, Clorox Group, Corporation Vice President
"I am consistently impressed by the foresight of Carol. Concepts and approaches are introduced by her, which are five or ten years later brought forward in leading books and articles. Just last week I attended a conference on innovative thinking. Once again, ideas were presented which I experienced a number of years earlier from Carol."
- John Hanby, VP of R&D, Potlatch
"The only time in my career that I have had a learning experience where I deeply examined my principles was when Carol helped us rethink how we do business. She helped the leadership reframe their thinking. Her value system is very different from other presenters."
- Jeff Gill, Manager of Organization Design, UNOCAL Energy
"Carol has the ability to invite, indeed to compel others, to consciously improve the quality of their thinking. Her message is a wake-up call, and the messenger brings a much needed reminder of how we can be when we are awake."
- Carolyn McKnight, International HR Mgr., Tektronix Corp.
"My exposure to Carol’s thinking and capability has been invaluable to my personal growth and the results of my businesses. She has insights that help me see what I need to work on next."
- W. B. White, Business Director, DuPont Specialty Chemicals
"Your ‘workshops' gave me an understanding of just what leadership meant and what it requires from me to be a leader."
- James B. Palmer Jr., Vice President, James River Corporation
"Carol is a very unique person, possessing the rare ability to inspire people to move from the tunnel vision that prevents most of us from functioning at the level which we are truly capable of; to a three hundred and sixty degree field of vision where we can utilize all of the potential that we possess to benefit all of those with whom we interact as we travel through life."
- Ralph D. Parnell, International Representative, United Paperworkers International Union
"Carol's business and personal capability is higher than any person offering talk or seminars I have experienced (beyond what I thought possible)."
- David Dean, Senior Manager, The Kingsford Products Company
"By applying what we learned we have many success stories. Today we have people working with us holding our actions true to our vision. Never have we had so many people (other than shareholders) as passionate about our work!"
- Rob William, Craft Warehouse
"This work on consciousness provided a language and way of thinking that helped us clarify our focus and align our processes. We are energized in a way that has been missing for some time. This has already made a difference. Sometimes you just know when you have found the real thing. This is it."
- Marti Johnson, Executive Director for Residential Resources
Accolades from Audiences
"Carol's expertise in business growth and human nature is extraordinarily encompassing. She brings unmatched depth and singularity to every arena of a making a business non-displaceable."
"She is a like a systemic MBA in one mind, bringing unheard of clarity and sanity, moving the state of the art, repeatedly. We hear it from her today and find others saying it several years down the road after it is obvious. We always get the "whole way" from her and have never been bored even after many opportunities to hear the wisdom she brings."
"It is about developing consciousness and higher level intelligences into every mind in your organization starting with the executive team; and doing it by redesigning the business around consciousness producing infrastructure in how you do strategic thinking, leading execution and structuring work. It is like waking up and discovering you have been your own worst enemy and finding the sure and intelligent way at the same time."
"Carol has the most comprehensive business expertise I have ever heard. More intelligence and creative ideas... And a totally different and workable view of business practices."
"Totally relevant to us; never understood what it meant to have a customized speech until Carol really did one for us."
"More cutting edge by far than most speakers, really made me think differently."
"I love learning tough lessons when it is so entertaining and humorous."
"She challenges so many things we have taken for granted; even many sacred cows. And we're so glad it happened. We were on some paths that would have taken us to the wrong place when we were SO sure we knew what we were doing."
Accolades from Meeting Planners
“Our business roundtable needed a spark. I recognized an innovative presentation that Carol had given previously that tied leadership to financial performance; a perfect way to engage this group. At times the group dynamic of this audience is unpredictable. Carol delivered a sterling presentation with applied content for the businesses. She adapted to the audience dynamic that presented itself, and energized them. She brought the audience into the discussion masterfully, and tailored content to their interests. The group wanted more, and extended her presentation. Comments afterward were excellent!”
- Michael J. Franz Washington State University, Washington Business Development Center
"Carol Sanford makes the life of a busy event planner a pleasure as well as a meaningful learning experience. Her speeches, as well as being fresh and unique topics, encompass a very diversified business crowd and she holds those people with her combination of energy, new ideas, examples and stories from the field, as well as ability to touch business people around issues they care about. She delivers more than she promises; during the three keynotes she provided for us - at least 25% of the audience returned for a second and sometimes a third talk she did. I consider her one of my outstanding speakers and I have been sharing her name with my key professional association partners so they can provide her expertise to their audiences I feel I am really giving my audiences what they ask for when I have Carol on the platform."
"Your organization and professionalism genuinely displays your competency in giving advice on business success. You were such a pleasure to work with and your speech was very timely and effective for the audience. It was such a pleasure to work with you. It's great to work with a speaker that is one step ahead of me and everyone else! You keep me on track and inspired to do better everyday!"
"We received so many compliments about your keynote from our attendees after your speech. It was very helpful for them to hear all of the positive and helpful advice that you bring to today's up and coming business leaders."
"I'm really honored to have had you join us, and we will definitely recommend your speaking services to anyone that is putting together a business seminar, conference or anything that needs a great public speaker!"
"Made me look creative and smart to my clients."
"High level professionalism and respect for a planner's job."
"So many creative suggestions to make things work."